PREPARING FOR YOUR SESSION
Our goal for your photography sessions is to create a relaxed and enjoyable period of time where you are made to feel special and stress free. You can help create this atmosphere! Please feel free to bring along any clothing or fabric that has a special meaning or makes you feel beautiful. Also you are welcome to bring partners, children and pets. But your ideas are always welcome. If you aren't sure, just bring it or call one of us.
The length of your session will depend on what photographs you want taken, your stamina and how many different clothing or fabric changes there will be.
Special tips for preparing for your session
How to prepare for a successful maternity photography session
- Schedule your photo session on a day that you, your partner and your children (if they are going to be in the shoot) will be relaxed and well rested. Try not to schedule too many appointments on that day before or after the shoot.
- At least two hours before our shoot, please try to remove anything with elastic, such as a tight shirt, pants, underwear or a bra to prevent strap marks from appearing on your skin. This is very important!!
- Eat a light snack before the shoot.
- Make-up should be light and natural looking. A light foundation, blush etc. to even out skin tones is perfect. Too much eyeliner or eye shadow can look very dark.
- Special jewelry is a nice accessory to the photographs, though too much jewelry can be distracting. If you have any questions, just bring it along.
- Hair should be fixed so you are comfortable with it. Some mothers prefer to go to a stylist before the shoot; others prefer to fix their hair on their own
Feel free to bring anything that you feel good in or want to be included in the photograph, including flowers or special clothing, such as scarves, shawls, veils. If you are being photographed with your partner, please have him/her bring or wear dark pants and a solid dark shirt, long or short sleeved is fine. Mothers should bring a dark maternity skirt and black cardigan sweater and tank top -- something to cover the breasts but still expos the belly